09/12/2016

Conventions my idea follows

Setting
I think that my idea follows lots of horror conventions, that exist in previous horror films. Just the fact the setting is a typical horror setting, in the dark woods. The woods are a typical horror setting, due to the fact that the unknown can happen. Also most horror films have the setting in the middle of know where therefore a woods is appropriate.

Camera

A lot of horror scenes have this dark blue filter as light, therefore I am going to recreate these dark blue colours in my film. Talking about camera and cinematography, I will also simulate a first person shot or point of view shot to help the viewer feel like the audience is there and they can then empathise for the vulnerable characters in that situation. Using first person shots can also help to simulate the fact that they are being followed. This shows dramatic irony in other words, it can let the viewer know more than the characters. This then makes the audience feel bad for the characters.

Character
My idea also follows the convention of the vulnerable character that is usually female, or in other words the sex appeal. One of the female characters in my film idea is nervous, and regretting the whole situation. Where as the other character is confident, not worried. Therefore contrasting the two characters behaviour.

Other characters such as the villain, in my idea the stalker, will follow the same conventions as other horror films. The iconography of the character will make the audience make connotations of fear, therefore the audience can relate to the vulnerable characters.

Signifiers
Lots of horror films contain signifiers or signals that the protagonist my dismiss but the viewer will pick up on. This then foreshadows and hints to the viewer that something bad is going to happen. Therefore in my idea I added figures that will be standing on the side of the road on the way up to the cabin. This will then add these hints for the viewer to make then think, and encourage them to figure out what will happen within the next few scenes. But also on the other hand not making it too obvious for the viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment