06/01/2017

Primary and Secondary Target Audience

Due to most of the other horror films having a typical audience, I am going to set my film within this similar audience. Cabin in the woods (the film closest to my idea) had a primary audience of young female viewers, and had a secondary audience of young male viewers due to the difference being very small. Because of my film having a female central protagonist, would help to encourage more female viewers to watch the film. My film would also be targeted at younger audiences, due to the other films being targeted to 15-24 year olds. Therefore my primary target audience would be 15-24 year old female viewers.

My secondary target audience would be younger viewers. This is because they will ignore and get around age rating certificates. They would be both genders in this age group. Due to cabin in the woods having a secondary audience of younger male characters, They would be my secondary target audience.


The uses and gratifications theory tells us why people consume the media. Due to the younger teenagers ignoring the age certificates, implies that they are watching it for a social integrative reason, to fit in with the others. They may also want to watch the film so they can forget about real life, and all the stress of the real world, therefore relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment