21/02/2017

Rough Cut & Editing

After filming most of the shots after the first shoot, I have put together the footage that I filmed in Adobe Premiere Pro. I think that some of the footage would work well for the final project and not much needs re-shooting. Due to the day of the shoot being very windy some of the footage had very loud background noise of the wind. This makes the sound of some of the clips unusable as some clips are quiet and some are really loud. The issue is that some of the clips where the two characters are talking, the wind distorts and muffles the sound of the characters.












When editing the clips I realised that I would have to re-record the sound of the two characters when they are talking, due to the environment being too loud because of the wind. This will then have to be added on top of the footage. The recordings will ideally have to be lip-synced, but most of the shots are not that close-up therefore, viewers probably will not be able to see if the recordings of dialogue don't quite match.

This first cut of the footage mainly focuses on the cinematography of the film as I have not edited the sound for the clips together. After cutting the footage together, it helped me to realise that some of the weak footage can be removed from the final cut, and what need to be re-shot. It also helps me to see that I have filmed enough footage for most of the film opening.

For some of the footage I have started to edit and add effects to it. Using Adobe After Effects, I have started to use colour correction and altered the levels and brightness, to make certain shots fall to the blue end of the spectrum, to suggest that some thing is going to go wrong. Very popular in other horror films and therefore applying to the genre conventions. I have added this effect to the shots that are handheld, the shots implying the perspective of the stalker. Adding the effect to only this shot helps to tell the viewer that something is about to go wrong, foreshadowing the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment