30/03/2017

Final Edit

I went back into the edit of my film, looking at all the feedback I got from it. I tweaked some of the sounds, making the film louder as some of the levels were too quiet. I also raised the volume of the music as it was quite quiet in some parts. I then played back the edit and the boost in volume makes the film sound much better as you can hear the dialogue much better.

I also updated and made the second part of the title glitch, using the RGB split and flicker effects in After Effects. I went about the glitch effect in the same way by duplicating the previous composition of the other titles, and changing the text and altering the glitch effect, so the timings of the glitch and colour split are different to the other title. I then placed the composition into the main composition using the motion tracking camera, I then stuck them to the lines in the road, like they were originally. After playing back the first bit of the title sequence, the glitch effect on both titles looks a lot better than just on the first one.

I then altered some of the colouring of the footage. I decided to make the tints on the footage gradually get stronger as the film opening progresses. I raised the opacity between cuts making the opening get more and more blue as the narrative gets to the main attack scene.

Overall, I am happy with the final edit of the film and I think that the sound, editing and camerawork in the opening work really well together. After adding my ident to the start of the film helps to set the mood of the film due to it being dark, cold and the sound on the ident being really atmospheric. I think that the ident helps to make the film look much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment